Blogging Platforms

Discussion in 'Website Software' started by Zimm, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Zimm

Zimm Member

With the handful of blogging softwares on the Web like Tumblr, Blogger, BlogSpot, WordPress, etc, which one is your favorite?

I like the customization options with WordPress. I also like the wide range of traffic you can get by subscribing to other user's blogs. Their comment spam filters are really good at keeping spam under control. Additionally, I like the fact they offer limitless SEO options. So, WP would have to be my favorite.

2. jblogger

jblogger New Member

WordPress is my favorite too. There are a lot of resources available for it for free and if you don't find what you are looking for for free there's a lot of premiun themes and plugins that you can purchase too. Also if you know How to code for the web you can create your own themes and plugins. And of top of that you can install wordpress on your own server so you don't need to rely on some third party (like blogger or tumblr) to know your blog will be up and running no matter what.

Zimm likes this.
  3. jyy

jyy Member

Normally, there is a self-installing program to get WordPress up and going. However, on certain VPS configurations and maybe certain hosting ones, you might have to install it via cPanel or an FTP. That can be a challenge for certain new webmasters.

4. missionreport

missionreport New Member

I'm in sort of love and hate relationship with Wordpress right now. I mean I love all of its features and ease of use that it offers, but it's also comparably more expensive than its contemporaries. You also need to pay premium in order to monetize your blog with ads, so I think this company can use some competition too. What are some of the better blogging platforms out there? Can anybody help?

5. iammanisha

iammanisha New Member

wordress is best for blogging.

6. daulascognite

daulascognite New Member

I like wordpress because of its customisation possibilities and easy php code. controlling wordpress site is not required high skill in programming. lots of plugins also give some gains