Dressing up for the holidays

Discussion in 'Templates, Themes and Styles' started by Zimm, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Zimm

Zimm Member

As a blog, forum, or website owner, do you dress your sites for the various major holidays? Typically, I try to. For one, it shows the members and visitors that you care about things other than running a successful website. Doing so also makes things more fun. I'm in the process of working on a Halloween Theme for one of my sites, PromoForum. With the theme, I'll be releasing special "shop" items that users can only buy from two weeks before Halloween until November first. Afterwards, they will no longer be able to purchase the items. That being said, they're all in good fun, they use Forum currency to purchase them.

I almost always dress up a site for Halloween and Christmas.

2. kingcool52

kingcool52 New Member

It's a nice fun thing to do so I like to do it for the main holidays like Christmas and Halloween. I don't really want to put up something for every single holiday because I think it would require too much effort and it would get quite tiring especially for the staff. During christmas, what I do is customise the forum theme to make it have a christmas feel. I like to add a santa hat to the logo as well. I think these holiday seasons are good times to run contests especially during christmas. What I've done in the past is have little hunts for little icons and the first person to find them all gets a prize (usually PayPal money)