Favorite Web langauge

Discussion in 'Website Development' started by Zimm, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Zimm

Zimm Member

When creating a website, you have to use specific programming languages to get the site to look and work the way you want. You're all webmasters, so you know this ... Right? Anyway, what is your favorite Web programming language and why?

Personally, I love CSS. CSS is a beautiful language and part of the reason I love it is because it's what gives a Website its look and feel. Technically, CSS makes a website "pretty." I also enjoy HTML. But, aside from those two, I haven't really messed around with too many Web programming languages.

2. jblogger

jblogger New Member

HTML and CSS are a must for anyone trying to create websites and webapps. Besides those too I like PHP because it's pretty easy to learn the basics so you can create a simple dynamic website in just one day if you push yourself into it.

But PHP gets a lot of hate these days and it's often recommended not to use it for new projects.

3. kbam

kbam New Member

Because many of the sites that I develop include building databases as well, SQL has become one of my favorite languages. However, I am a huge fan of HTML5 and all of its potential. Of course, CSS makes life easier and as a WordPress expert, PHP is a must. OK, I can't choose which I like best. I like them all for different reasons!

Zimm likes this.
  4. Zimm

Zimm Member

Typically, I suck at actual PHP. That being said, when I create WordPress themes, I generally just build a website in HTML and put that coding between the PHP tags. It's simple and it works. Though I'd love to actually learn PHP, I just don't have the time or energy to try right now.

5. jblogger

jblogger New Member

@Zimm if you ever want to dive into PHP and web programming in general I can recommend you Sitepoint, they have a great selection of books and courses that will help you with your learning process. They cover a lot of web technologies including PHP, Ruby, Python, Javascript, HTML5 and CSS among some others

If you are interested send me a private message, I can send you a link so you can get a premium month for free. The same goes for anyone reading this :)

Zimm likes this.
  6. Art Jr. Pereyra

Art Jr. Pereyra New Member

I'll go with CSS and HTML :)

7. iammanisha

iammanisha New Member

i am using html and bootstrap for website designing.

8. daulascognite

daulascognite New Member

react \angular as frontend and ruby\php (symfony2) as backend