Guest Posting

Discussion in 'Website SEO' started by jyy, May 3, 2017.

1. jyy

jyy Member

How effective do you think guest posting is in 2017? Myself, I think it is important, but probably too many people have jumped on the wagon. In that case, as usual, Google has taken notice and lowered the power of this method. Note, in the past, stuff like forum signatures and blog comments were the rage - but since have literally died out.

2. missionreport

missionreport New Member

Yes, back in time people were going crazy over backlinking. I suppose guest posting is quite important nowadays because I just read about a website that pays you for guest posting in blogs, so it sounds to me, that there's big value in guest posting as of the moment.

3. Therne

Therne New Member

Guest posting can still be very effective but your posts should be of a high quality otherwise Google will see the article as being spammy and mark down your website as such.

The reason why forum signatures and blog comments have mostly died out as a means to gain backlinks is due to Google Panda down ranking those links as spam if they where do-follow. Those ways have not been effective for years even before Google Panda as most webmasters set those sections as no-follow.

4. daulascognite

daulascognite New Member

And besides a quality, the sources of posting are matter. Some places like 'lifehack' admins are getting their rules more strict in order to prevent link buying

5. chinmay.sahoo

chinmay.sahoo New Member

Guest posts and guest posting is where a writer who owns his or her own blog creates a unique and original post on another blog