Newspapers and Magazines

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jyy, May 3, 2017.

1. jyy

jyy Member

Has anyone tried to use newspaper or magazine ads? Some have claimed that they get a huge response, even though, it might seem like they wouldn't. Anyhow, the price for such ads seems to say they work.

Oh, by the way, can anyone think of other off-line methods? Well, one would be word of mouth advertising.

2. Therne

Therne New Member

Even tho I have never tried to adversities in newspapers I can already tell you is it a horrible idea due to their sky-high CPM rates of between $8 to $20 and that will often be for a really small ad that is hidden away somewhere in the middle of the magazine.

The best place to advertise at the moment would be on a social networking website.

jyy likes this.
  3. missionreport

missionreport New Member

I think if you can advertise offline it would be a great help to bolster publicity and returns. There are still a lot of people who reads newspaper, and if you're in the newspaper, people get that impression that you're up to something good, or your services are really good.

4. explorerx7

explorerx7 New Member

It depends on the type of audience you may want to attract. Some items may be of greater interest to people in the upper age bracket which may not have a very strong social media or online involvement.

5. Joelnexus

Joelnexus New Member

I think other offline method of advertising is through billboards. They may be expensive but the advert written on it reaches a lot of people.